The weather in Moscow....

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth"


Last night, I was at the mall, volunteering for the Hospice of the Palouse wrapping booth when I got a call from home. Now, usually when I'm off on my own, it's a call to clarify what the homework was that was supposed to be done, where something is, you know the routine. Well, this time it was Hayden....


"Mom, I've got something to tell you."


"What is it, buddy?"


"It's a surprise."


"What? Tell me."


"I LOST MY TOOTH!!!!!!!!!!"


"Oh my goodness, did you do it all by yourself?"


"Yep!"


As I sit there on the phone elating my surprise and happiness to my son, my face was a bit of sadness. How can this be?! My baby boy can't grow up just yet. The big space in his mouth proves me wrong... he's off to getting those bigger teeth, to (YIKES) puberty, and the list goes on. For now, I'm just enjoying the moments and enjoying his very sweet toothless grin. The tooth fairy sure likes to leave her fairy dust in Hayden's room this month!




No comments: