The weather in Moscow....

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Top Five Holiday Events for Christmas '07

1. The joy of the kids' faces when they open up their packages. I realize that it's not all about me anymore when it comes to Christmas. In fact, I could care less as to what I get. I'm so involved as to what the kids get and want to make sure that they enjoy every last moment, it's really rewarding seeing the joy on their faces.

2. Gift Wrapping! As much as that sounds strange, I truly enjoy to wrap gifts, and when it's Christmas time I wrap so many that it is so much fun to do! I also volunteer to wrap at the Hospice booth. My mom and I have been doing that since they helped my Grandpa Goose when he had terminal cancer... so it's been about 10 years now. This year, I even scheduled 2 nights for my co-workers to wrap, and they had so much fun, I'll schedule up a couple nights again next year and make it a tradition for McDonald School to do each year!

3. Our Annual Thompson Tree Hunt. Oh yes, we go out into the woods to find just the "perfect" tree. It's a hoot to get out there, bundle up, and try to find just the right one. Some years we are lucky, others we aren't. But, we are being environmentally friendly by recycling our tree each year after we are through with it and it's a great tradition to have with our family.

4. Spending time with family and friends. Need I say more?

5. Vacation. Again, more needed to be said here?

No comments: