The weather in Moscow....

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"Oh Christmas Tree..."




On Sunday we made our trek into the woods to find our beautiful (hopefully not a Charlie Brown) Christmas tree. The weather was wonderful and held off snowing until we were driving home. With all of the new regulations that the Potlatch Corp. put on going onto their land, we had to find a new spot to find just the right tree. Unfortunately, it was straight up a steep hill! I felt as though I was mountain climbing! LOL! Anyway, after trudging up the road, only to have to go back to get the chainsaw, I finally came back and started my climb. I made it all the way to the top where Hayden had found the PERFECT tree - Charlie Brown style. Oh boy, what does a mother do??? I mean, I do have my limits as far as the tree goes. So, Bryan and I started talking to him about finding a tree for his own room. That didn't cut it. (No pun intended). Not sure how it worked, but I had actually found a tree on my way up the hill... now I just needed to find it. Not sure if it was the exact one, but we cut it anyway. After all three trees were cut, we headed back down, built a campfire and roasted hot dogs. It was yet another successful Thompson Tree Hunt!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So..........did you put up Hayden's tree in his room?...and if I remember correctly, we didn't stay around to cook hot dogs....we went to the Barnes and drank adult beverages!!!

DK