The weather in Moscow....

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Oh Boy!

Ok, seriously. One would think that after 7 weeks of surgery, we'd be over the hump. I go downstairs yesterday morning to go let Chloe out for her morning "duty." I find that she was favoring her leg more than ever, not even putting any weight on it. Crap. I panic, go about and feed her, let her out and then directly call the vet. Let me just say this, she had never favored it before the surgery or after the surgery like she was doing yesterday. It was terrible. After finally being squeezed in down at PAWS, the vet took some fluid out of her knee (easily, I might add) and thinks it could be one of three things: An infection is in there, she's allergic to the steel posts they put in her knee during the surgery, or the whole thing has gone bad. Great....

Options one and two are great, I guess, but I'd rather not option three. Even option two isn't the greatest. I'm getting tired of having this "third child" in all honesty. Plus, I feel so bad that she and her brother are still separated when they were born together and the only time they've been apart is when we have to take either one to the vet... which is like an hour, not seven weeks~ More to come when I find out more.

No comments: