The weather in Moscow....

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Kindergarten Chaos

Well, all summer long, we've been patiently waiting to see if Hayden will be "allowed" to go to school with me for Kindergarten. Being a teacher, it'd be so convenient to just drive to work and have him stay with me in my classroom before he heads to his own class. Unfortunately, he didn't make it "in." I always tell myself that things truly do happen for a reason. He was admitted to go to Lena Whitmore Elementary (my former school! :-) ) And then in the afternoon he'd ride the bus over to my school and do the K Plus program there.

Of course, I was shocked and disappointed, but when I found out that he will be at my old stomping ground, I realized that this may be a good thing. He wouldn't be known as the "teacher's kid." And he could see his cousins on a daily basis who attend Lena. Lena and McDonald are both great schools, so we are fortunate that he gets to be in both places this year. We'll see how it goes. I'm hoping I keep myself composed on the first day of school since I will have to go teach my own set of kids that day! More to come....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hayden will do just fine, mom....sometimes you just have to let him release the apron strings.