The weather in Moscow....

Sunday, August 12, 2007

The kernel mishap...

Well, this weekend the kids and I drove up to CDA to watch Bryan play in a state softball tournament. On Friday, we got ready, packed up the car and headed out so we could spend some time with some close friends who we were staying with for the weekend. I thought I'd be a smart mom and pop some popcorn for the kids to take up to munch on along the way. Around Worley, Kennedy said something about her nose. I turned around to see what was going on, and she kept picking at one side. At that moment, the lightbulb went on. A kernel was in there. I abruptly pulled over, turned off the car and hurried to her side of the car. Sure enough, a kernel, left nostril. Thoughts were going through my head of an ER visit in CDA when we get into town to get this sucker dislodged. Luckily for me, I only tried to pick it out once, only to realize I was pushing it up a bit more. Hayden and I were trying to get her to blow out of that nostril... well, a two year old can't blow out of their noses yet, at least ours can't. So, she blew out of her mouth until she got red in the face. Finally, I managed to squeeze it out like a puzzle piece and immediately checked for more kernels around the carseat that she could get her hands onto. I only found a couple of kernel casings coming out of her nostrils that evening... all is well with the nose now.

No comments: