The weather in Moscow....

Sunday, October 12, 2008

A pumpkin picking day at Greenbluff...

Hayden's had to have weighed over 25 lbs - I think he switched to a different pumpkin!
Kennedy wanted a small one... go figure, she knew she had to carry it! :-)
At least I'm looking at the camera.
One final shot of the day, on our way to eat lunch at Red Robin!

For years I've heard about how great of a place Greenbluff Orchards is to go pick pumpkins, fresh fruit, whatever. Finally, yesterday, mom and I took the kids on the long jaunt to find those perfect pumpkins. First of all, we printed the map so that we wouldn't get lost. I had the bright idea of going through Rockford, which worked fine and dandy til I took the wrong turn and headed towards Sullivan rather than Argonne. (When will I finally know those streets in the Valley?) Anyhow, once we got on Argonne, it was smooth sailing and we finally hit Walter's. It was very busy and full of activities. Not only were there hundreds of pumpkins you could pick from, you could also go and pick your own apples if you wanted. We were going to, but after being there for a good couple of hours, we decided against it. From the pumpkin picking to the pony rides to the hay maze (I forgot I was allergic to hay until I started having a hard time breathing in there - lol!) and even the wiggle worm tractor ride, it was a great day! We bought over 50 lbs of pumpkins!!! The kids picked their perfect ones.

3 comments:

Amy Byrd said...

Isn't Greenbluff the best? I hope the trip was worth it. Next time call me if you have the time & I'll meet you with the kiddos! Happy Fall!

Amber said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm glad the kids picked out their favorite very own pumpkins. I might have to take my boys over there next weekend.

Melissa said...

I can't believe how much your little girl looks like you! What little cuties you have! :) Happy fall!!!