The weather in Moscow....

Friday, October 17, 2008

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?!

Hayden, pay attention... I think you need to block!

At least he's listening to the coach...um, I'm pretty sure that's a second grader he is standing next to (Hayden is in the back with the black and white pants on with black sleeves)...So my child is going to be tall!!!


Hayden's in the grey hoodie...I think he's ready.


Fall is in the air as well as the coole crispness that at times makes you think you are in Alaska. Sitting out to watch your son play flag football, is pretty priceless. Now I have to admit, I had my doubts about him playing flag football. I mean, here I have been the past 6 years of his life telling him to be nice, don't push, keep your hands to yourself, yadda, yadda, yadda. Now, those rules don't apply for football and we're cheering him on to get the guys flags, block him, GET HIM!!! Oh boy, am I going to be one of those moms?!

It's pure comedy to watch as these kids are learning the game. Hayden comes out with a smile as he's bouncing on his tip toes. He imitiates the NFL and college games while watching them on TV. Last night, we had a practice and he couldn't quite get the running routine down. So maybe he won't be a running back? Oh well. He enjoys it and that's what matters. But, I've got to brag, once he got the running thing down, he caught the ball, first time - WOO HOO!!!!! That's my boy.

1 comment:

Amber said...

This football thing has been so fun! I'm glad CJ decided to be in it. Three games this week - yikes!