The weather in Moscow....

Friday, July 13, 2007

Daxter the fish...

Well, Daxter the fish made his way home today. I took the kids on some errands after our daily swim lessons. One stop was at the local pet store here in Moscow. I wasn't planning on bringing home a new pet, but that is exactly what we did! After asking the store clerk hundreds of questions, I decided to "take the plunge" so to speak. Beta fish are fairly easy (or at least that is what the clerk said!) and don't take a lot of care. I was thinking, "Whew!" for this is my first fish EVER! I had visions of the kids taking it out of it's bowl to pet it, showing it to their friends and so on. I also knew that this was the beginning of many toilet bowl funerals.

Hayden got the honor of picking out the fish. He wanted a red one, just like Lightning McQueen. So, the clerk picked out 5-6 healthy red ones for Hayden to choose from and Daxter was immediately named (I believe after a little one year old at daycare) and we brought him home with love and care. So far, he's enjoying his new surroundings and even greets us when we say hello!

No comments: